Allow login without domain

David Saez Padros david at ols.es
Sat Oct 15 10:06:36 CEST 2005

Hi !!

>>as the real email has been saved in Rounbdcube own's database this will
>>not be exepensive (one only query for the firt login of each user)
>
> What I'm saying is any access to MySQL is expensive. 1 extra query
> just at login is almost too much.

but it's only the very first login, once RoundCube knows the email it never
does the query again. Nevertheless as what i propose is based on PEAR:DB
you can make sqlite queries which are very fast, or you can configure no
query and no query will be done.

> I'm fine with the option being there, it adds a ton of flexibility,
> however simpler ones must be made available so that large installs are
> not hamstringed (hamstrung?) with extraneous database usage.

that's exactly what i propose, you can configure a query (if you want) or
a default domain or Roundcube could just pick the virtual server name,
only if the username does not have a @ or  %

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david at ols.es
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53