RoundCube eats up IMAP connections? (and #23 resolution)

david l goodrich dlg at dorkzilla.org
Tue Oct 18 19:33:45 CEST 2005

rwohleb at techsanctuary.com wrote:
> It seems like RoundCube is leaving IMAP connections hanging. I haven't had
> a problem with SquirrelMail, but using RoundCube appears to eat up the
> connection pool preventing further connections until restart/timeout.

i left roundcube running in a browser window for a couple hours and i
saw the same behaviour, it basically ended up consuming all of my swap
and nearly bringing down the whole server.  i ended up restarting cyrus,
 and everything went back to normal.

this is pretty much a showstopper for me, an amd t'bird 1ghz wi half gig
of ram should not have a problem handling this.

and yes, this means i finally resolved the #23 issue.  make sure you
have the correct IMAP prefix in the config file.  (the default for
cyrus-imapd is "INBOX")
  --david