Saving message list sort order

Jacob Brunson brunsonj at chem.byu.edu
Sat Apr 1 03:14:38 CEST 2006

If I like to always sort my messages ascending or descending, it can become a
pain to have to select that every time I log into RC|Mail.  I'm submitting
some patches to fix this, so that the search column and search order is
saved.

set_sort_user_pref.diff sets the sort column/order into the session
user_prefs .  This is done when the message list is reloaded with a new sort
param (which is done when you click on a column heading).  However, the
session user_prefs aren't saved normally (unless you go into preferences)
which necessitates the following patch.

save_prefs_on_logout.diff saves the session user_prefs into the preferences
column of the user table in the database, so that it can be restored later.
This is done just before the session is destroyed.

--
Jacob Brunson
BYU Chemistry Department Webmaster