Sieve scripts editor

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 13:16:45 CEST 2006

David Collantes wrote:

> All is needed is, knowledge of PHP and the way Cyrus or Corrier IMAP works (Siege is those IMAP servers unique feature, right?).

Seive is also available as part of Exim (MTA), Dovecot (IMAP Server) and
a collection of other software. (http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/sieve/)

If I was a php expert I'm sure I could knock up an interface that did
the job and cleanly integrated into Roundcube without problems.

Unfortunately I'm not a php expert and I suspect that most people that
use Roundcube aren't either.

>I don't think it should be part of RoundCube. Let's keep it clean and simple.

Obviously peoples opinions are going to vary over what is needed and
what isn't in Roundcube. How about a plugin system?

I personally think that there is no current easy way for end users to
set up server side mail filtering rules (like you can with Microsft
Exchange) and that being able to add these types of filters is essential .

If you look at "competing" products, they all have a filtering
plugin/module as it's unreasonable to expect users to login to the shell
and edit their .procmailrc/sieve script directly.

Regards,

Alex

believed to be clean.