hanging double quote in header

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Wed Apr 26 21:31:33 CEST 2006

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you're suggesting (running each header though a validator that checks it for RFC compliance and discards non-compliant headers) would require significantly more "hoop jumping" than escaping quotes in the headers.  That said I'm not familiar with the the governing RFCs, so I'm not sure if this is the best solution.  What I am sure is that I don't want people to be able to send me e-mails (by accident, not maliciously, mind you) that break RC.

-Charles