major change to deletion process

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Fri Apr 28 21:27:43 CEST 2006

Randy Noval wrote:
> Thunder bird works as I described. Take a bunch of emails that are not

:) It works as I described too!  Wild!  The option that determines it is
Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->"When I delete a message"
if you change it to "Mark it as deleted" you'll be seeing what I'm
seeing, which is that Thunderbird loses the "seen" flag.

My patch will make it perform exactly like Thunderbird, except that
instead of a preference determining the behavior, the presense of the
Trash folder determines it.  When a message is moved to the Trash folder
Seen status is maintained.  When a message is marked as deleted, Seen
status is lost.

-Charles