major change to deletion process

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Fri Apr 28 14:37:41 CEST 2006

Derek Hinchliffe wrote:
> On 4/28/06, Charles McNulty <charles at charlesmcnulty.com> wrote:
>> 2) If you don't have a trash folder defined messages are flagged as
>> deleted and the deleted style is applied to them.
>>     By default the deleted style will be "display: none" meaning they
>> will disappear and things will appear to have not changed
>
> Just a quick comment...
>
> If CSS 'display:none' is used to hide the deleted messages will things
> like the display of how many messages are shown (eg. "Messages 1 to 30
> of 300") be misleading?  Also, could it interfere with list
> manipulation routines like "Select All" - possibly resulting in
> messages being selected that you weren't expecting to be?
>
> Cheers
> Derek

Possibly.  I'll look into that.  In the current system they are also set
to display: none, but in a more direct way.  In the new system the row
has a new class appended to the className.  In the old system the style
was assigned display: none directly.  In the old system to detect if a
message was hidden was trivial, just look at the style.  In the new
system you have to look at the class to see what display is set to.  I
know that that was never done elsewhere in the code, so it's possible
that totals could be messed up.

-Charles