major change to deletion process

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 18:40:59 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:23 -0400, Charles McNulty wrote:
>  On another related note, can I get some opinions and examples from other
> software as to whether the 'new' status is preserved when a message is
> flagged as deleted?  Thunderbird removes the new status on deletion.
> Is this standard?  Should this be default for RC?

"new" is defined to have both the RECENT and UNSEEN flag.

I don't see how its possible for an UNSEEN message to have
the DELETED property applied to it. Therefore when a message
is deleted removing "new" seem correct.

To the best of my knowledge Evolution, Outlook, and Thunderbird all
operate this way.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>