unable to toggle read status when first logging in

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Sun Apr 30 23:57:01 CEST 2006

I'm experiencing an infuriating "mostly repeatable" bug where when I
first login to RC, and/or intermittently when I click on the Round Cube
logo to go back to the Inbox (rather than clicking on Inbox) I can't
toggle read/unread status ( I can toggle the icon but the mark function
fails).

I've narrowed it down to the fact that it's storing and subsequently
pulling the wrong mailbox name from the _SESSION.  The mailbox that
get's assigned in the SESSION is whichever one is stored last in the
array $rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] defined in the config
file.  If I set the Sent to last in that list, Sent is stored as mbox in
the Session.  If Trash is last, that becomes mbox.

Usually when I'm debugging, finding out what the bad data is, and where
it is is 99% of the debugging.  In this case I can't for the life of me
figure out what is setting the mbox Session variable.

Here is my snippet from main.inc where I can prove that things first
appear to go haywire:

  error_log('main.inc 89: ' . time()  . "\t" . $_SESSION['mbox'] .
"\n",3,$logfile);
  error_log('main.inc 89 mailbox: ' . time()  . "\t" . $IMAP->mailbox .
"\n",3,$logfile);

  // init session
  session_start();
  $sess_id = session_id();

  error_log('main.inc 91: ' . time()  . "\t" . $_SESSION['mbox'] .
"\n",3,$logfile);

Is anyone else experiencing the bug?  Can anyone help me figure out
how/where the session variable mbox is being assigned the last array
value of $rcmail_config['default_imap_folders']

-Charles