Fwd: Roundcube merger - Ideas from atmail

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:46:06 CEST 2006

Hello again,

Thanks a lot for all your responses! I see that most of you don't like
to see RoundCube being sold in any way. Neither do I. I still don't know
exactly what the real intention of atmail is but as Charles said, I
guess they want to put a "t-shirt" over RoundCube and get the brand in
order to make it disappear. In case that they seriously want to maintain
and deploy an open source product based on RoundCube, there's no reason
for them not to do so, even with the current licensing conditions.

To make it short: you don't have to backup your copies of the source and
don't rack your brains to find a new name (even though the suggestions
were not bad).

I believe that RoundCube can really make it to the top list of webmail
solutions and with all your help we can keep it open and freely
available to everyone.

Regards,
Thomas