Integrated spelling - how to get results?

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Tue Aug 8 08:08:46 CEST 2006

Hello folks.

I'm handling the Danish translations and just learned of this this so I
thought I'd join in.
RoundCube 0.1beta2 is up and running great (with Danish translations and all),
but no matter how badly I misspell words and try to check them for
correctness, RoundCube always ends up saying that there were no errors. This
happens with both Danish and English text and the language chosen
appropriately from the menu.

I assume the actual POST of the textarea is a client event? I didn't have
HTTPS out allowed on the server but even when I do, it doesn't seem to work.
There shouldn't be any blocks on my local machine, though...

It is supposed to contact google.com as far as I can tell and that should now
be allowed whether client or server-side. Anyone else seeing this? This is
with Firefox 1.5.x.

I tried the orange<whatsitsname> speller. That was in konqueror but it worked
correctly.. Just tested that same page in Firefox, works fine... This is the
link: http://orangoo.com/labs/?page_id=72

Good ideas would be greatly appreciated. It would be really nice to have that
type of spell-checking available in webmail...

/Martin.