UTF7 - UTF8 folder encoding errors

Eric Liang ericliang2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:29:10 CEST 2006


 Hello,

I think the functions for UTF7-UTF8 encoding/decoding are not performing
well, especially on the folders (view/create/rename folder).

This happens mostly on non ISO-8859-1 charsets (in the source it shows that
this function is not yet done).

Is there a chance we get IMP's enc/decoding functions and use those instead?
They work nicely in any system I tested IMP on.

If someone wants privately to work with me on this issue please contact me
directly. I am willing to spend a lot of my time in testing and debugging. I
tried to fix this myself but I'm not good enough and even though I managed
to decode folders fine (these folders contained foreign chars created by
other programs) I messed things up with other functions.

So basically I need someone who knows what he's doing in order to fix this
together.

Also, I propose that wherever needed, we should make the charset conversion
assumptions configurable by the admin and not have them hardcoded to
ISO-8859-1.

If someone wants to work on this with me (I have a test system showcasing
the issues which can be used for testing the fixes as well) please contact
me directly.

Thanks,
Eric
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/attachments/20060808/f37ffea2/attachment.html>


More information about the Dev mailing list