Integrated spelling - how to get results?

Jim Pingle lists at pingle.org
Wed Aug 9 21:54:50 CEST 2006

Martin Moeller wrote:
> It is supposed to contact google.com as far as I can tell and that should now
> be allowed whether client or server-side. Anyone else seeing this? This is
> with Firefox 1.5.x.

I had this problem on one setup, and it was caused by a missing PHP module.
You might check Roundcube's error logs. It tries to communicate with the
Google spelling server using ssl, so you'll need to have OpenSSL support
enabled in PHP, as well as sockets support.

After discovering this, I added a note to the Requirements page on the Wiki
about it. Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ, too.

Jim