UTF7 - UTF8 folder encoding errors

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:07:08 CEST 2006


2006/8/8, Eric Liang <ericliang2 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I think the functions for UTF7-UTF8 encoding/decoding are not performing
> well, especially on the folders (view/create/rename folder).
>
> This happens mostly on non ISO-8859-1 charsets (in the source it shows that
> this function is not yet done).

You're right, I forgot about that.
>
> Is there a chance we get IMP's enc/decoding functions and use those instead?
> They work nicely in any system I tested IMP on.

IMP uses the PHP integrated IMAP functions and as far as I could see
do thex handle the charset conversion internally.
>
> If someone wants privately to work with me on this issue please contact me
> directly. I am willing to spend a lot of my time in testing and debugging. I
> tried to fix this myself but I'm not good enough and even though I managed
> to decode folders fine (these folders contained foreign chars created by
> other programs) I messed things up with other functions.
>
> So basically I need someone who knows what he's doing in order to fix this
> together.

I just committed some changes that should solve these problems. It
works well with my mailbox but I only use ISO characters. Please
checkout the latest revision and test it with your environment.

~Thomas




More information about the Dev mailing list