Filtering spam with SpamAssassin header

Brett Patterson brett at bpatterson.net
Thu Aug 17 20:41:14 CEST 2006

Martin Marques wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Rob Smith wrote:
>
>> Thomas Mangin wrote:
>>> The list of Header to be checked for could be a config option like:
>>> spam[HEADER]='matching header value (regex?)'
>>> with the default key being X-Spam-Flag and Yes
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>

>> I agree completely with the need to have some configuration options
>> on this one.  In my case, we use DSPAM, which places a X-DSPAM-RESULT
>> header with the values of Spam, Whitelisted, or Innocent.  A way to
>> tell the script what header to look for, and what value(s) mean spam,
>> would change this from a feature for SpamAssassin users to something
>> that almost everyone can use.
>
> Let's see if we can agree in something: What RoundCube needs is a good
> filtering system. With that, there is nothing else to add to this thread.
>
> --
>  21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18
> Lic. Martín Marqués         |   SELECT 'mmarques' ||
> Centro de Telemática        |       '@' || 'unl.edu.ar';
> Universidad Nacional        |   DBA, Programador,
>     del Litoral             |   Administrador
Martin:

I agree totally about adding the visual header line; however, what
about  quick icon or changing of color in the message list?  Personally
I like looking at a message that's not spam, or deleting it quickly.
Just so there's no chance a silent return receipt is sent, or images
aren't downloaded thus proving your address is real.

I was just suggesting a different color for the message list (like pink
or orange) that is out of the norm so people can see quickly that the
message *might* be SPAM.

~Brett