Inbox issue resolved

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 16:23:23 CEST 2006

OK, after digging through your diffs, the only major change I can see,
is that you add the recent_count to the regular message count. Is it
really true that recent messages are not included when asking the IMAP
server for new message count? I cannot confirm this behavior.

Further on, your changes will definitely cause errors and a huge waste
of performance:

for ($i=0;$i<=$count+$recent_count;$i++)
  $header = $IMAP->get_headers($i, NULL, FALSE);

This means that the first request for headers will fail because of ID=0.
Then the headers of EACH message in the INBOX will be fetched. Why? I
don't want RoundCube to fetch thousands of message headers if there's
only one recent message.

And for last, I don't see why the changes to app.js are necessary. What
does the use of a separate variable help for evaluating javascript code?

Because of the reasons above, I will no commit your patches.

~Thomas