Filtering spam with SpamAssassin header

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:53:28 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

This discussion is mostly about message filters. This was discussed
over and over at this list:
http://lists.roundcube.net/mail-archive/roundcube.dev/2006/04/38/
http://lists.roundcube.net/mail-archive/roundcube.dev/2006/07/73/

There's even a feature request pending for that:
http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1326320

All I can say is that I don't like to implement Yet Another Message
Filter but rely on server side filters. This is more efficient and -
as Thomas mentioned - keeps your Inbox from becoming a war zone if you
once check your mail with a different client that doesn't have all the
rules configured.

Let's keep RoundCube a mail CLIENT and focus on the creation of a
plugin API which can be used to build all sorts of admin panels for
procmail, Sieve, and whatever.

~Thomas