fatal error with asort by opening an e-mail - my solution

Christian Beuschel chris109 at web.de
Sat Aug 26 13:05:54 CEST 2006

Hello developers!

I found what led to this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 10412 bytes)
in /usr/share/roundcube-webmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 1390
<<<

I have to much mails stored in my inbox (currently abaut 2620).

In the PHP.ini is a limit for memory usage. So that per default each
script is not allowed to use more than 8 MB of RAM.

I just reached the limit. After getting another view mails, RoundCube
worked no more. I got no HTML output after logging in.

For now I solved the problem by setting the memory limit to 16MB.

But there have to be some significant changes in RoundCube to reduce
memory usage with large mail boxes.

Yours faithfully

Christian Beuschel

chris109 at web.de