New(?) Sorting Problem

phil phil at cryer.us
Tue Aug 1 18:48:22 CEST 2006

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:34:04 -0400, Jim Pingle <lists at pingle.org> wrote:

> I updated from SVN version 285 to 288, and in doing so I now have problems
> with the message sort order on BincIMAP. It's working fine on my Courier
> server.

I'm having this too, showed up in yesterday's checkout (not sure about Sunday) -=-  NOTE: I run Dovecot for IMAP:

> What happens is that the messages in the inbox are in random order, even
> though the "date" column header is highlighted.

I don't have this, they stay in time/date order, regardless of if I have 'pretty dates' on or off, but the newest one is always on the bottom of the list

>If it refreshes to check new
> mail and finds something, it does go at the top. However, once you reload
> the page the messages return to their previous order. The order doesn't
> correspond to any discernible pattern.

I get this exact behavior.

I know there were some patches to fix sorting (although I never had any sorting issues until these patches hit :))

--
http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it

believed to be clean.