on the subject of folders

Michael Bueker m.bueker at berlin.de
Thu Aug 3 17:15:32 CEST 2006

estadtherr at gmail.com wrote:
> Aren't IMAP implementations free to use characters other than "" to
> delimit folders in the hierarchy? I like the behavior, but I just want
> to make sure we're not making assumptions about folder delimiters.

RFC 2060 says so, but we'll have to respect any delimiter that IMAP
servers may use, and the "." is chief amoung those.

Unless we build a database containing real and display folder names.

mtu

--
Is that an ICBM in your capital, or are you just happy to see me?
- Civilization IV fan pickup line (by Llewen)