Problem with message parsing with >= r326

Jim Pingle lists at pingle.org
Thu Aug 31 00:09:37 CEST 2006

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Looks like no headers at all where returned from the server.
>
> I changed the IMAP command for fetching headers which now sends UID
> FETCH together with the message UID. Before, it was just FETCH with the
> sequence number. I tried it with several servers and all seemed to
> support this command (it's IMAPv4). One reason for this change were
> problems with DBMail which returned false answers when trying to resolve
> the UID to a sequence number. Now BincIMAP doesn't work... I really hate
> those little differences!
>
> The only way to solve this would be to specify the IMAP server in config
> or to retry the FETCH command if it failed.

I'd be fine with setting a bincimap_ugly_hacks=TRUE in the config, or
setting a server variable (Squirrelmail does this) - or would it be
possible to autodetect when connecting? Both BincIMAP and Courier
identify themselves upon connecting:

Courier:
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.

BincIMAP:
* OK Welcome to Binc IMAP Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Andreas Aardal Hanssen
at 2006-08-30 18:04:43 -0400

I'm also fine with dropping support for BincIMAP if it means I can tell
my boss that that shiny new webmail system he loves so much demands that
we modernize or supplement our mail authentication :)

Jim