Drafts in latest SVN

Black.myst black.myst at free.fr
Thu Dec 21 23:37:08 CET 2006

Steve Block a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:29:51AM -0800, Richard Sandberg wrote:
>> This suggests the IMAP server software doesn't support UID's in the
>> way Roundcube expects, which is required to identify old drafts.  If
>> you post your server software and version, someone might have a work
>> around.
>>
>> Rich
>>

>> On Dec 18, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Steve Block wrote:
>>
>>> Although I don't use roundcube as my primary mail client, I do tend
>>> to use it at the office, which firewalls regular IMAP ports. One
>>> thing I noticed today while composing a message was that I ended up
>>> with multiple copies of said message in the drafts folder. The
>>> message took a while to put together, and I appreciate the  automatic
>>> draft saving, but I also feel like subsequent saves  should replace
>>> the current, rather than add to it. If not, then all  of the copies
>>> should be removed when the final message is sent.
>>>
>>> Not sure if this is a bug or a 'feature', but I thought i should
>>> point it out.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve Block
>
> I'm running cyrus imapd 2.2.13, which as far as I know is a fairly
> standard server.

I have the same problem with courier-imap 3.0.8, and I have an error in
log :
[timestamp] IMAP Error: Could not delete message from drafts in
/pathtoroundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc on line 0

Are you the same in your log ?

In all case, it's not a feature, it's a bug... There are already one for
"delete draft after send"
(http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1483991) but not for
multi-saved draft.

Black Myst