Preview Pane on Safari (& other minor glitches)

Brian Devendorf developer at infointegrated.com
Sat Dec 23 22:51:10 CET 2006

I found that I had to tweak the CSS code for the preview pane to
display properly in Safari. (This is when using the latest svn code:
r432).

Line: 144-151, /skins/default/mail.css

/*\*/
html>body*#messagecontframe
{
   [height: 40%;
   height: 54%;
   ]height: 100%;
}
/**/

I changed the value on line #148 from 40% to 54%. This adjustment was
a perfect fit for the preview pane on Safari for me. I am running
10.4.8. Safari 2.0.4. Has anyone else seen this issue? According to
the information in trac, the middle value only applies to Safari, so
I do not expect that it would break anything else.
I do most of my work in Camino, so I just noticed this little glitch
today.

Other minor issues I am looking into... On Safari, with preview pane,
the first time I click on an email, the preview pane flickers
(keeping the empty message logo). After that, everything works fine.

In Camino, with preview pane or standard display, when I click
Display Images on an email, it works the first time, but fails each
subsequent time. This is true on an individual message basis. It
always works the first time on ever message. In fact, it works the
first time in preview pane, and the first time in standard view.

I hope to do more research into these issues, but thought I'd check
to see if anyone else had seen them first.

Thanks,
Brian