3 new feature ideas.

Michael Phillips mphill at mphill.org
Fri Dec 29 21:09:37 CET 2006

I would like to add some functionality to roundcube.

1. The ability to check box to automatically sign in next time  or to
just save the login.  The information would be stored in a cookie that
expired in like 30 years,  if people on the development team think its
ok to store the password it would be done in a hash obviously but
everyone's imap/pop client would have to support the hash then.

2. For visually impaired people, have a selector for font size that
simply changes the css or a high contrast theme.  I think it would also
be neat to use flite (http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/doc/index.html)
for text to speech.  There would be a link that could be enabled which
when clicked would let them save the message as a wav file, then play it
back in audio form.  I already do this for captchas on my websites. I'm
sure most visually impaired people already have software on their
computer do this, but they are probably all windows people.  this could
allow visually impaired people in linux or other less supported OSs to
get an audio version of their email.   Some web applications sport a
logo indicating compliance with http://www.section508.gov/.

3. GnUPG support, I would like to add the ability sign or encrypt
messages.  A user could paste their private key into a form that then
saved it on the server in sql.  There is probably a huge security issue
with saving private keys on a server.  I don't know of a php API, I
would most likely use exec();

Please email me any comments, questions or concerns.

Michael Phillips