Gmail-like conversation grouping

Pablo Manuel Rizzo info at pablorizzo.com
Fri Dec 29 21:36:20 CET 2006

On 12/29/06, Hans-Christian Otto <c.otto at lab9.de> wrote:
> > In other words, the gmail style view is a killer feature for some
> > people, so if roundcube can offer it as a choice that would be great
> > from my point of view. Traditional threading is also a nice choice and
> > it would be great if they could both be integrated.
> Well,
> I guess that one should check whether google has a patent for this kind of
> viewing mails. I don't know, but I'd say you should check this before
> starting to implement it...
> Just my few cents,
> Greetings.

That's ridiculous. A patent on that! Makes no sense. And why should I
care? I would implement thousands of webmails with that
functionallity, and that's it, they couldn't fight against that.
Duroty already have this functionallity, they say Duroty is the
OpenSource Gmail, and they even have a Google-group.
No, I don't care patents, I make the software Free.

--
Pablo Manuel Rizzo