Ticket 1483949 - Spam messages

Benjamin Smith defitro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:21:23 CET 2006

First off, as a user, I like the idea of the spam *not* being in my inbox
when I log in.  If it's marked as such by spamassassin, then I don't care to
see it.  Get it away from my legit mail and let me sort through it in my
Junk folder, where it belongs.

Secondly, I actually have integration of spamassassin for SQL and non-SQL
userpref's installs into roundcube.  The non-SQL userprefs set-up uses a
combination of setuid C & Perl code that handled the userprefs file on the
OS (tried to secure it as much as possible).  I also integrated a new tab on
the user settings page that looks like the attached screen shot.  If people
are interested enough, I could lift that code and port it to the most recent
stable for public consumption, minus the non-SQL userprefs set-up...  I also
have two folders that get created on first login called Whitelist and
Blacklist.  If messages are moved to those folders, the appropriate action
is taken (added to whitelist or blacklist, respectively).  Whitelist
actually performs two actions with this set-up; whitelists the sender and
runs the message through sa-learn.  I had it set-up like this because I used
roundcube for a "Spam Quarantine" type set-up.

Thoughts?

FWIW on the sa-learn thoughts, you could write a cron job that scans the
user's Junk folder nightly and run those messages through sa-learn.

~ Ben

--
"A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking."