Resize Preview pane .. With the diff

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Mon Dec 18 06:23:05 CET 2006

On Dec 17, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Thomas Bruederli wrote:

> Thanks a lot Ryan and David for contributing the splitter code. It is
> available in SVN trunk now.

I've installed trunk (412) on my OpenBSD server and am testing it
with Safari.  I like where it's going (running 385 in production),
but I'm seeing some odd bugs.  These seem to only happen the first
time I open a folder (including after login to INBOX).  I haven't
figured out exactly which actions trigger each event, but they are
reproducible.

1)  Select a message, it opens the message in the entire main window
(replacing the pane, message list and folder list)
2)  Select a message, it opens the message in the right-half of the
window (replacing the pane and message list)
3)  Select a message, it starts to load the message in the pane, but
then goes back to the default (empty) pane image
4)  With a message selected, I press the down arrow on my keyboard,
and the 2nd email further down the message list is selected.  If I
press up, the 2nd email up the list is selected.  Conversely, the
same action in Firefox simply scrolls the mail within the pane.

After any of the first three types of events, it seems to operate
normally.  Select any message and it loads properly in the preview
pane.  However, as soon as I select a new folder, event #1 happens
every time.  If I can be of any further assistance with testing,
please let me know.

P.S.  Firefox on the Mac seems to work fine.  A friend also tested
Firefox and IE on Windows and has not encountered any problems.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting