Preview Pane on Safari (& other minor glitches)

Brian Devendorf developer at infointegrated.com
Sun Dec 24 06:34:45 CET 2006

An update to the Display images issue below... I have since verified
the issue on Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Mac and Windows. I have also
identified the source of the problem and a workaround. The issue was
created in r400 with the change to the html headers for viewing
messages. This change allowed the browser to cache message pages. The
pages that cache do not store their "_safe" setting, though. What
this means is that the first time you click to Display images,
everything works fine. The second time it becomes impossible to view
the images. The solution is to wait for the cache to expire or
manually clear the browsers cache.

I have created a ticket in Trac for this issue. I included a unified
diff with my workaround. Essentially, I am checking to see if the
message is being displayed in "_safe" mode. If it is, then I do not
allow the browser to cache the page. Sort of a hybrid of the way it
was before r400 and the way it is now.

Here's my Trac ticket: http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484186

As I indicated in the ticket, there are definitely better solutions
than mine. This is just a quick solution for now.

Thanks,
Brian