Drafts in latest SVN

Richard Sandberg richs at whidbey.net
Tue Dec 26 23:28:42 CET 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Steve Block wrote:

> On Thu, December 21, 2006 4:37 pm, Black.myst said:
>> Steve Block a écrit :

>>> I'm running cyrus imapd 2.2.13, which as far as I know is a fairly
>>> standard server.
>>>

>> I have the same problem with courier-imap 3.0.8, and I have an
>> error in
>> log :
>> [timestamp] IMAP Error: Could not delete message from drafts in
>> /pathtoroundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc on line 0
>>
>> Are you the same in your log ?
>>

>> In all case, it's not a feature, it's a bug... There are already
>> one for
>> "delete draft after send"
>> (http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1483991) but not for
>> multi-saved draft.
>>
>> Black Myst
>
> I just checked and I do have that error. Unfortunately that does
> not tell
> me much about what is actually happening.
>
> --
> Steve

Can you make sure that your saved drafts have a valid "Message-ID"
header inside them? If they do, try logging into your IMAP server
manually to search and delete:

Connect to IMAP from a terminal:
	openssl s_client -connect imapserver:993
		or
	telnet imapserver 143

Login:
	I LOGIN username password

Open "Drafts":
	sel1 SELECT "Drafts"

Search for a known Message-ID. Replace ## with the number characters
in the Message-ID, e.g. 44:
	srch1 SEARCH HEADER Message-ID {##}
	yourentiremessageheaderhere

The response should be "* SEARCH #" where # is the message number.
If you receive just "* SEARCH" with no number, your server isn't
searching properly, you entered a non-existent Message-ID, or your
character count was off.

Next get the UID of the message, using the # returned by SEARCH:
	FUID FETCH # (UID)

You should get a response of "* # FETCH (UID ##)" where ## is the UID.

Now try a reverse search, using the UID:
	srch1 SEARCH UID ##

That should return the original message number from the SEARCH
HEADER.  Now delete it:
	flg STORE # +FLAGS (\Deleted)
	exp1 EXPUNGE

And logout:
	I LOGOUT

This is the procedure RoundCube uses and works on Dovecot-1.0rc2.

Rich