Mailing lists and Demo site

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 20:52:35 CET 2006

Hi Robert,

The information I got from the logs tells me that the spam mail was sent
manually by copying several hundreds of e-mail addresses to the bcc field.

I think it's very hard to use RoundCube for automatic/scripted spam
sending because you need to have a valid session which is checked by a
cookie and the session hash within the URL. After sending a message, you
have to reload the compose page to get a new "sending session". Of
course one could write a script doing right that but it would be very
complicated and you could also write it for GMX or Hotmail accounts.

I planned to add some spam-protection functions such as a limit for
recipients and checking the time since the last message was sent.

Regards,
Thomas