Roundcuemail and big IMAP Folders on a Cyrus

Thomas Bruederli roundcube at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:45:25 CET 2006

Henrik Hasenkamp wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> today i've install the roundcube Mailer and the first it looks verry
> well. Fine, thanks for a great software like this.
>
> On the second look, i had found a strange problem with that software. If
> i connect to an IMAP-Account with more than one GB Messages, so the
> Website still load and load and load... It stops after the
> "maxexecutiontime" in PHP-Settings are seizes i think.
>
> If i set debug-Options to 8 (In main.inc.php it is describle as "Trace")
> so i will show an error like:
>
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
> NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS ANNOTATEMORE cp01
> OK Completed Tried PLAIN: Resource id #25

This message just shows that the Login succeeded.

> I cannot assign the error and hope anyone can help me.

The last official release has some serious problems with large
mailboxes. Try to install the latest CVS snapshot. This has a complete
new caching mechanism and should provide better performance on large
folders.

> BTW: I wish your all a merry christmas.
>
> Best regards Henrik

Regards,
Thomas

P.S. This is actually a topic for the USERS list and not for DEV