RSS Support for RoundCube

Sjon roundcube.net at spider007.net
Sun Jan 8 20:10:59 CET 2006

After some hours I have completed a initial RSS feed-creator for
Roundcube. It is a simple addon which gives you a RSS feed of your
inbox. Current problems:

* Mime-mail gave me a headache so I decided to skip that for now;
resulting in strange HTML messages

* RoundCube uses a double sessionID, the reason of which I still haven't
found; but it results in being logged out if you request the RSS feed
from another IP then where you started the session on.

* The roundcube mail-cache is not being used; resulting in possible slow
performance

To try it:

* download http://sjon.hortensius.net/projects/roundcubemail/rss.inc to
your roundcubemail/program/steps/mail/ directory

* add the following line to index.php:258 (just before the comment "kill
compose entry from session")
   if ($_action=='rss') include('program/steps/mail/rss.inc');

That should do the trick; you can now browse to the following URL

http://your.roundcube.url/?_auth=leave_existing&_task=mail&_action=rss

Comments welcome :)

Regards,
Sjon