%u not parsing during SMTP authentication.

Kevin Landers support at bezaleel.net
Tue Jan 17 20:31:32 CET 2006

Ok, still having the same problems, but this is what I have been testing.

I updated to today's CVS (2006-01-17). The problem still exists after
this update.

I also followed a suggestion by Rob Smith to replace '%u' with "%u"
followed by the rest of my code. However, this made no change.

As I continued to play with the code, I recognized that if I use:

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = "%u";

or

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

Then the result is "username". However, as soon as I add the rest of my
code:

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = "%u" . '@' . '' . str_replace("www.", "",
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

The result is "%u at domain.com".

So, my guess is that the rest of my code makes some change that goofs
things up. What the problem is, I dunno.

Any insight, anyone?

Thanks again!

Kevin L.

(BTW, should I be posting this in the user list? Used to posting here,
but anywho.)