public ldap search features implemented

Jacob Brunson webguy at byu.edu
Tue Jan 17 23:51:16 CET 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 16:45, justin randell wrote:
> > * The searchfields could use aliasses...
>
> could you give me more detail on this point?

I've come across a similar thing.  I am using two LDAP servers.  This means
that when the LDAP server is changed "function
updateLdapSearchFields(element) " in
skins/default/includes/ldapscripts.html is executed, which changes the
searchfields options.  On lines 37 and 38 of ldapscripts.html:
      new_option.text  = server_fields[i];
      new_option.value = server_fields[i];

This means that the text of the options turns to the same as the value, which
in my case is "cn" and "mail" However, to most users, "cn" isn't going to
mean much.  It needs to be instead "Name"