Firefox Memory Leak extension

Erik erik at prikbord.org
Wed Jul 5 11:26:02 CEST 2006

While searching for problems with Firefox using a lot of memory I came accross the Memory Leak Extension for Firefox.
This gives information about possible memory leaks. I thought it might be of interest for developers, but maybe you
already know it. As far as I understand now, it has to do with the Javascript on the webpage. Apparently there are
referals to objects no longer available.

Leaks in window 0x28e25c0:
[+] [leaked object] (4f68f08, http://webmail.domain.name/program/js/app.js, 445-445) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_blur(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fb750) = [object Object]
[+] [leaked object] (4f68eb0, http://webmail.domain.name/program/js/app.js, 444-444) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_keypress(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fbc80) = [object Object]
[+] [leaked object] (4f68ee0, http://webmail.domain.name/program/js/app.js, 444-444) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_keypress(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fbcd8) = [object Object]
[+] [leaked object] (4f68ee8, http://webmail.domain.nameprogram/js/app.js, 445-445) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_blur(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fbd08) = [object Object]
[+] [leaked object] (4f68eb8, http://webmail.domain.name/program/js/app.js, 445-445) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_blur(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fbd20) = [object Object]
[+] [leaked object] (4f68f00, http://webmail.domain.name/program/js/app.js, 444-444) = function (e) {
    return rcube_webmail_client.ksearch_keypress(e, this);
}
 [ ] prototype (27fbde8) = [object Object]

Any thought if and possibly how this could be useful for development and problem reporting?

--
Regards,
Erik