Cyrus IMAPd users, read this

Mark drecaise at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:31:18 CEST 2006

phil wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:21:56 -0700, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
>
>> Any Cyrus IMAPd users here? Please see this feature request:
>>
>> http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1483889
>>
>> I'd say that the lack of the Sieve filter manager is the only thing that
>> prevents me from switching from Squirrelmail to Roundcube, even though
>> the latter is a better webmail.
>>

> it's definately needed, but still added functionality, so I'd wait until after this release, then put it at the top for the next.  In the meantime:
>
> http://smartsieve.sourceforge.net/
>
> we could migrate a chunk of that over for the 'filters' plugin for RC, which could be on a sep dev track than RC, and thus could get done quickly.
>
> Thoughts?

>> --
>> Florin Andrei
>>
>> http://florin.myip.org/
>>

>> --
>> believed to be clean.
>>
> --
> http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it

I believe we should be looking at places where we have to program hooks
in order to get a plugin system working. We might be surprised by the
plugins that start to pop up once that's finished.... but bottom line...
the plugin system is what needs to be before we can create things like
this.
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to do just that, but until now
I still didn't have the time to delve into every aspect I want to know
before starting on it. I was looking at squirrelmail as an example. Is
that a good example for a descent plugin system?

Mark