PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in Unknown on line 0

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Fri Jul 21 23:18:29 CEST 2006

On Jul 21, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Martin Marques wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Eric Stadtherr wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of leaving off the "?>" in included files, but we
>> should be careful to leave it in place for "standalone" php files
>> (i.e.
>> those that can be the target of a URL requested by a client). Is
>> that only the "index.php" file for this application?
>
> I'm lost. Where are the standalone php files? AFAIK everything is
> requested via apache (or your favorite web server).

Standalone, as in not included by another file.  At some point the
data has to have a closing ?> or it isn't valid PHP.  I guess it is
legal (?) to not have a ?> at the end of included files, or at least
that it works, but I'm pretty sure at some point the data has to be
closed with ?> or there will be errors thrown.

A PHP file starts with <?PHP and ends with ?> or its not a PHP file.
Right?

--
Mark Edwards