Fwd: Roundcube merger - Ideas from atmail

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Wed Jul 26 17:36:38 CEST 2006

Michael Bueker wrote:
> On a side note, here's something more on how Calacode regards the OSS
> community and its software:
>
> "[Atmail is] a well rounded Webmail package that goes the extra mile
> over the sea of free/half-finished and unsupported packages out there."
> -
> http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/AJAX_Webmail_-_interaction_like_thunderbird#c1652787
>

> Cheers,
> mtu

In fairness to them, I wouldn't expect them to praise their competitors,
and calling RC half-finished is only underestimating by a couple dozen
or so percentage points at most.  As for support, they're pretty much
right-on the button in terms of how corporations define "supported."

As for the other comments about them on freshmeat, I would take the
accusations about root access, etc with a huge grain of salt.  None of
that post made a whole lot of sense to me.

What I'm trying to say is that there are plenty of reasons to be wary of
 this deal just based on common sense.  There's no reason to bash what
seems like a perfectly legitimate business.

-Charles

-Charles