MySQL

phil phil at cryer.us
Wed Jul 19 00:53:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 8:36:25 +0200, Erik <erik at prikbord.org> wrote:

> I was wondering how the MySQL 5 support is for RC?
> I'm currently using 4.1 and that works fine, but I've read that
> MySQL stops support for this release at the end of this year, so
> I will have to switch before then. Anyone already using MySQL
> with RC, and if so, does it work fine? Thanks.

I'm on the 5.0.x branch of mysql on freebsd and things work fine.  was using 5.1.x (development) but was getting unexplained crashes, so I just downgraded to solve.  also, when I migrated from 4.x I don't remember having to do anything special to get my old DBs working; I just imported a dump from 4 into 5 and it all worked.  give it a try, keep your 4.x dump around just in case you have to turn back.

--
http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it

believed to be clean.