Problem with recent versions and apache2(?)

mark mark at mail.antsclimbtree.com
Thu Jul 20 07:43:57 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:18:49 -0500, phil <phil at cryer.us> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:35:57 -0700, Mark Edwards <mark at antsclimbtree.com>
> wrote:
>> Scratch that, I'm getting lots of these errors even with the latest
>> trunk:
>>
>> [Wed Jul 19 11:28:07 2006] [error] [client 192.168.1.105] PHP
>> Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in
>> Unknown on line 0
>
> I've seen this error for weeks (months?) on my system; freebsd, apache2,
> php5, mysql 5 - but was told it was harmless, and assumed it'd be
> addressed.  no I haven't checked if it's an entered bug - should have.

I now question any correlation between the error and the mail list going blank, although I'm not sure they aren't related either.  Through persisting and refreshing, I am able to get the blanking to stop, so it could be attributable to something bad in my browser cache.  Not sure.

On a side note, one ill effect of using wget from the browseable trunk to download a "snapshot" is that you get a bunch of index.html files in there which shouldn't be.  Just fyi.  Other than that, it seems to work.  But maybe I'll get subversion downloaded anyway.

Thanks!