Fwd: Roundcube merger - Ideas from atmail

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Wed Jul 26 10:10:47 CEST 2006

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Just wanted to forward a mail I've got yesterday and would like to
> hear your opinions about this topic. Either this could make RoundCube
> grow faster or atmail just wants to get rid of some (more and more
> serious) competition.
>
> Don't panic, I didn't decide anything yet and I don't want to get rich
> anyway :-)
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Obviously they see RC as a superior product that can endanger their
commercial product sales. IMHO, they want to easily upgrade their
product to the modern technologies and eliminate a competitor.

I can recall several successful OpenSource products that were bought out
in what appeared at first a beneficial merger and are now collecting
dust somewhere on the shelf.

Just my 2 cents in,
Best regards,
Vahan