Fwd: Roundcube merger - Ideas from atmail

David Collantes david at collantes.us
Wed Jul 26 12:20:47 CEST 2006

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Just wanted to forward a mail I've got yesterday and would like to
> hear your opinions about this topic. Either this could make RoundCube
> grow faster or atmail just wants to get rid of some (more and more
> serious) competition.
>
> Don't panic, I didn't decide anything yet and I don't want to get rich
> anyway :-)

I don't think atmail sees RC as a serious competition, the are both
webmail but the similarities end there. Atmail has much more "beef" and
requirements while RC comes with a simplistic approach.

I think such offer could be good for Thomas (although he doesn't want to
get rich, he would get some extra spare change. I am sure not much, but
some), the possibility of traveling --a plus on my book! :-) -- and RC
might benefit (as well as atmail, of course) from it. It is easier to
re-brand RC as atmail opensource product, than scale down atmail, which
was never conceived to be such.

Ultimately, it is really up to you, Thomas. I would go for it.

Cheers,

--
David