Roundcube merger - Ideas from atmail

Randy Noval randy at sermo.net
Wed Jul 26 15:24:51 CEST 2006

I'd agree with Paul. They have access to the RoundCube code with some
minor restrictions. What they're looking for here is a way to remove the
GPL restrictions, not improve the platform. They can see the way that
RoundCube approaches particular problems, but what the offer says is
that they basically want to buy out RoundCube and remove their
competition. Notice the complete lack of any kind of on-going support
(in the monetary sense):
"offer you a reasonable fee to purchase the license of Roundcube, the
site,  and for the effort you have contributed to the project."

"you to consult our company in Australia for 1-3 months on the
development of @Mail and merging the two products for the open source
offering"

These are not business deals, it's a buyout, pure & simple.