[patch] Junk mail highlight in message list (SpamAssassin specific)

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Fri Jul 28 16:06:34 CEST 2006

Eric Stadtherr wrote:
> This is a good general capability. An icon/symbol in the display might
> be another option other than the green highlighting (like
> Thunderbird/Mozilla does with the "recycle" symbol).
>
>  Also, I know that different junk-mail filters use different headers
> (other than "X-Spam-Flag"). For example, USA.net uses an "X-USANET-Spam"
> header, and Yahoo uses "X-YahooFilteredBulk". We could either accumulate
> a list of known headers that identify spam mail, or make it a $CONFIG
> item. The only problem with $CONFIG is that administrators would need to
> know the specific header. Maybe that's something everyone knows, so
> maybe it's not a big deal.

If they are administrators, they should know (or atleast know how to
find out) what header to use.

I like the idea of making it a $CONFIG item, since that would allow
admins to disable this feature by simply leaving the $CONFIG empty.
(I simply assume that an empty variabel would mean that it would
never match anything. If thats not the case, it should be!)