update script

Jon Daley roundcube at jon.limedaley.com
Thu Jun 1 20:53:36 CEST 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, phil wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:12:49 -0400 (EDT), Jon Daley <roundcube at jon.limedaley.com> wrote:
>>  	Why not "svn update"?  It takes puts less bandwidth on both
>> servers, and runs much quicker.
>
> So sure, it would remove the need to press 'p' on the first SVN run, since it wouldn't be using https, but I was going by the RC Wiki page:
> http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/wiki/Dev_SVN
 	No.  It uses the same URL as the first run (and you still have to
do a 'svn checkout' once), but since you already checked it out once, it
doesn't have to get every file, but instead just the stuff that has
changed since your last update.

> Any reason to use the https way vs a basic svn up?
 	Hopefully this isn't an insult, but have you used subversion
before?  I don't understand the question.