major change to deletion process

Charles McNulty charles at charlesmcnulty.com
Mon May 1 18:28:11 CEST 2006

Okay, at long last here is the patch.  I believe this is the final
version (containing all of your helpful suggestions)

There are three new options:

read_when_deleted = TRUE by default (emulating Thunderbird)
if true messages will be marked as read when they are deleted. if set to
false messages will preserver their read/unread status

flag_for_deletion = TRUE by default.
If set to true messages will be flagged for deletion rather than deleted
outright IF AND ONLY IF there is no Trash folder present

javascript_config = array('read_when_deleted', 'flag_for_deletion')
This is an array of options that will be available in javascript.  To
reference them in Javascript simply call: this.env.flag_for_deletion
(for instance)

Deleting messages will now behave thusly:
If you have a Trash folder:
	Messages will always go into the Trash folder and will maintain their
read/unread status

If you do not have a Trash Folder:
	If you are not in the Trash folder AND flag_for_deletion = TRUE
		Messages will be flagged for deletion
		If read_when_deleted = TRUE message will be set to SEEN
	If you are in the Trash folder OR flag_for_deletion = FALSE
		Messages will be deleted immediately.

I think that's about it!  Let me know if you have any problems with the
patch.

-Charles