Integrating Googiespell in Roundcube

Chris Richardson crichardson at cantella.com
Tue May 2 16:10:14 CEST 2006

Is there a way to make it if google changes there methods or down it
does not leave the clients in the air? I know this is an unlikely
occurance but I am just always nervous about depending on others services.

Thomas Bruederli wrote:
> Chris Richardson wrote:
>> I am pretty sure you can also use aspell with the other alternitive I
>> have brought up in the past called ajax spell ... it can use pspell and
>> aspell i believe
>
> What I like in ajax spell:
> - "Add to dictionary" function
> - Does not send my text to Google
>
> What I don't like in ajax spell:
> - New server request to show corrections
> - Missing option to type the correct word
>
> Over all GoogieSpell provides a better user interaction and I like that
> all suggestions are fetched with one request (gzipping the XML response
> should bring the data to an acceptable size).
>
> If you have aspell or pspell installed RC should definitely use these
> but for 5$ hosting packages that do not allow any installations,
> GoogieSpell is a good alternative.
>
> As mentioned before, I definitely would like to have an aspell wrapper
> that acts like the Google spell checker. In that case the server script
> can decide which engine to use.
>
> ~Thomas

other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from any computer.

In accordance with industry regulations, all messages are retained and are subject to monitoring.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Securities offered through Cantella & Co., Inc., Member NASD/SIPC.
Home Office: 2 Oliver Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Telephone: (617)521-8630