php install script

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue May 2 16:51:31 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 17:33 -0500, Charles McNulty wrote:
> On a completely different note, is anyone currently working on a
> "point-and-click" install, and if not, does anyone know of a "php script
> installer" project?  I googled around for one but all I could find were
> one-click scripts for intended for web hosts and which have to be
> adapted for each script.  Not really what I'm looking for.

I realize this is not PHP 1-click install, but several weeks ago I
contributed GNU autotool support to perform installation. It does not
seem to have been imported into CVS yet. It was a patch submitted in bug
#1460202.

PHP 1-click install would be very nice, but there are other installation
scenarios which will need a command line script mechanism. The two
should compliment one another.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>