Unimplemented features?

Jon Daley roundcube at jon.limedaley.com
Fri May 5 14:24:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006, brett+roundcubeforum.net wrote:
>> Apart from people cheering in the audience, nothing was heard from
>> someone who actually has an up2date working copy. I guess they don't
>> want any people testing new roundcube features anymore.
>
> That's a fairly harsh statement.  They do want testers, but it's out of
> their hands with SF running the CVS.  Yes, we could change, but I'm sure
> Thomas doesn't have the time to devote to changing everything over from
> CVS to SVN or from one server to the next.  I don't know how much time
> goes into it, but it can't be easy.  And without testers, nothing would
> get improved upon, so I'd say your statement is false.

 	I believe there have been a half dozen offers for hosting
subversion (myself included).  Thomas or Charles wrote back to me and said
thanks, but it wasn't needed, and that they expected to switch to SF's svn
at some point.  And since I now mirror the cvs tree in subversion for
keeping my own local revisions merged, I offered to publicize that, but
that was also turned down.
 	I think the frustration comes from people who want to be part of
the project, but aren't able to.  I dread the huge merge that will come
whenever SF finally comes back on-line.