Unimplemented features?

Jon Daley roundcube at jon.limedaley.com
Fri May 5 17:23:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Randy Noval wrote:
> That said, there must be an "official" version, and that can be maintained by
> the developers on SF.net, but I don't see a reason why there can't be an
> exact copy running on one or many volunteers' servers to enable access and
> updates for multiple contributers. The developers can pick and choose what
> changes they want to introduce to the "official" product without much effort
> (once SF.net SVN is going).
>
> This can work the same way a wiki does, sure any one person can cause
> annoyance, but that is quickly alleviated by the many people working hard to
> keep this project going.
 	I don't know how that would work - a wiki for C code sounds like a
bad idea to me.  I don't think you can really have multiple source control
systems -- maybe some sort of mirroring would work - but there has to be a
main one that the developers use, and the other copy it.  As for people
getting mad and going away - it doesn't seem like you could get any worse
than a month of downtime, when switching to some other provider.